Lifeguard Certification & CPR Classes
Our family of companies has trained over xyz lifeguards.
Our family of companies trains over 1500 lifeguards each year. Training lifeguards is part of what we love to do.
We are currently offering Lifeguarding: Full Certification (for new lifeguards) only. Our lifeguarding classes are American Red Cross authorized.
Passing the Swim Test for lifeguarding certification requires you to be a strong swimmer. Please read all the information below for details.
Also, please understand that courses held outdoors may be working around possible inclement weather. We will always do our best to complete the course as scheduled, but your safety is our primary concern. However, should this rare occasion recur, we may be required to reschedule some course time to complete the class requirements.
Lifeguarding: Full Certification and Recertification Course
Become an American Red Cross certified Lifeguard. Take this class if you are new to lifeguarding or if your previous certification has expired.
Our Lifeguarding: Full Certification course includes all the certifications you need to become American Red Cross Lifeguard Certified (each certification is valid for 2 years): Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED training.
1) Students cannot miss any of the course. Please make sure you don't have any conflicts with the dates of the class.
2) You must be at least 15 years of age before the last day of the training class.
3) Pass the Swim Test (detailed on this page).
4) Due to the nature of the skills taught in this course, you'll be performing strenuous activities (such as removing someone from the water). If you have concerns about your physical ability to pass the course, please reach out to us.
This test is administered at the beginning of the course and is required for certification.
- 300 Yard Swim (300 yards of freestyle or breaststroke).
- Brick Test: Swim out 20 yards, surface dive 7ft – 10ft deep, retrieve a 10 pound weight from the bottom of the pool, return to the surface, and swim it back 20 yards to the start position. This objective is timed at 1 minute and 40 seconds.
-Tread water with your legs only, no hands, for 2 minutes.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.